Pay At Services, trading as Pay@, offers a convenient, secure and low cost service for cash and card payment transactions at selected national retailers in South Africa. We pride ourselves in the professional level of services we provide and the relationships we build with all our Bill Issuers.
Transactions offered include the following:
- Premium payments for insurance products
- Municipal bills and accounts
- Water and electricity payments
- Traffic fines
- Internet orders & bookings
- Ticket payments (buses, airlines)
- Debt collections
- Various other cash and card payments for services and products
Pay@ strives to provide excellence and quality of service at all times to its Bill Issuers and their customers:
- All Pay@ transactions are validated live and reported daily
- Moneys collected are electronically transferred to Bill Issuers within 48 hours
- Customer information can be updated live by Bill Issuers
- Bill Issuers own unique payment rules are integrated into the Pay@ system functionality
- Integrity and confidentiality of customer data is secured
- Live validation of transactions result in improved reconciliation processes and expedited exception and fault recovery
Typical transaction process
- A reference number is issued by the Bill Issuer to a customer.
- The customer is informed that he/she can pay for a bill, product or service in cash or by card at any designated retailer (e.g. at any PEP, Pick n Pay, Shoprite/Checkers or SPAR stores) countrywide.
- The customer (or someone paying on his/her behalf) identifies the correct reference details at the retailer by providing the reference number that directly links the customer to the transaction .
- The transaction particulars are called up on the screen at the retailer and validated live by the teller who accepts payment.
- The customer is issued a receipt by the retailer which he/she retains.
- Reconciliation takes place daily and payment settlements overnight on all business days between the retailer, Pay@ and the Bill Issuer.